PDA

View Full Version : dimensions moving around on update?

Steve
04-22-2003, 07:01 AM
Why is it when I update my views after a geometry change my coordinate dimensions randomly move around from where they were, broken dimension lines reset themselves to unbroken, and staggered dimension lines reset themselves to unstaggered?

Steve

Steve
04-28-2003, 11:12 AM
So I'm noticing that any time I update my drawing, regardless if the dimensions were actually affected by a geometry change or not, Coordinate dimensions seem to jump to a new location. Also, on update, any dimensions that have broken leader lines, whether affected by the geometry change or not, lose their broken leader lines.

Is this a bug?

Steve

John Scheffel
04-28-2003, 12:54 PM
I haven't seen this problem, but since no one is responding it might help if you could provide some screen captures demonstrating the problem. It's hard for me to visualize what you are describing.

rhankey
04-28-2003, 03:25 PM
I have seen these same dimension modifications reset after updates. In addition we have experienced loss of the horizontal tail of leaders to diameter dimensions. Moving the dimension restores the horizontal tail. I have no solution, only sympathy.

John Scheffel
04-28-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by rhankey
In addition we have experienced loss of the horizontal tail of leaders to diameter dimensions.
Are you checking the "Save as Version 2001" box when saving the file? We saw this behavior in beta testing, but it only occured if this box was checked when the file was saved. We reported the problem to CoCreate. If you are not running the latest patch release (11.60.3.0), you might try upgrading to see if it fixes the problem.

Steve
04-29-2003, 10:08 AM
OK, here is a before/after shot. On the left, we see my coordinate dimensions as placed.

Then, I went and punched a hole through the part - not impacting any of the geometry that these dimensions are tied to. I then came back to annotation and updated the view, and most of the coordinate dimensions have jumped to new locations.

This happens very frequently. Likewise, stagger lines or broken lines will often disappear on update.

Steve

Gary Brauch
04-30-2003, 06:36 AM
Steve,
What version are you using? I have attached an image of before and after. I changed two things that directly affected the staggered dimension and the broken dimension.

As you can see, the broken dimension needs to be fixed because it didn't move with the dimension as it shouldn't, but the stagger changed the dimension and stayed staggered.

I did this in version 11.60D.
Gary.

Steve
04-30-2003, 01:55 PM
We are running version 9.01

nan battaglia
05-20-2003, 07:52 AM
I'm experiencing the same thing with staggered dimensions reseting themselves after a view update or if some dimensions have to be reatteached, the staggered lines with the same datum reset themselves. It's a real pain with drawing with lots of dimensions.
Is Cocreate addressing the staggered line issue?

Steve
05-20-2003, 09:00 AM
Nan:

What version of SD/Annotation are you running? I see the same thing - my staggered dimensions reset. Also, often broken dimension lines reset also. And of course, as above, coordinate dimensions jump around the drawing.

As you say, this is terrible for a drawing with lots of dimensions. A dimension should not move on a drawing once positioned - even if it disassociates. This is standard for most CAD packages I have recent familiarity with.

Steve

nan battaglia
05-20-2003, 09:18 AM
I am using SD 11.6 on Windows 2000 operating system. I have not tried the patch that John S. had mentioned in his reply. I will install the patch this afternoon and let you know if that works.

nan battaglia
06-11-2003, 09:09 AM
I have installed OSD 11.65 to see if the moving dimension problem still occurs and yes it does.
Maybe CoCreate should take a look at this. There has got to be a fix for it.

John Scheffel
06-11-2003, 12:35 PM
If people want CoCreate to fix this problem, you need to report it through official support channels. Then it will get tracking numbers and have visibility in the lab. Although some CoCreate people participate in these forums, CoCreate has a huge list of things to fix and enhance from the support channel and what gets done first depends on a prioritization process. The more customers who submit the problem to support, the more likely it will get fixed. The odds of something getting fixed because it was reported here in the forum are slim.

Steve
06-12-2003, 11:16 AM
I have reported it to CoCreate, and uploaded an example file. It was found to be a repeatable error, and was passed on to the developers.

I will try and locate my incident number later, if you want to ride along on it.

Steve

Steve
06-13-2003, 05:51 AM
The tracking number for this bug is:

BHPLNQAG2T3KPM

If you are using coordinate dimensions, and they jump around on you on model update, you should call CoCreate and mention this tracking number.

Steve