PDA

View Full Version : Radii dimensions on drafted blends?

Steve
04-21-2003, 03:25 PM
I have a top view looking down onto a corner blend between two faces. However, both of these faces have been tapered, and thus so is the blend.

When I go into the top view and attempt to put in a radius dimension, the system no longer recognizes the blend as a radius. Do I have to fake it in with a non-associative text note?

Steve

Gary L.
04-22-2003, 03:34 AM
Maybe this will help.

The DOCU-BLEND-REPLACEMENT Function
In the 2D representation of models, some blended edges are calculated as spline edges and therefore cannot be dimensioned directly with radius or diameter dimensioning. The DOCU-BLEND-REPLACEMENT function can be used to force such edges to be replaced by arcs, which can be dimensioned:

Blend Replacement

The default setting (t) is to replace all possible blend edges that are splines. Due to the approximation resulting from the edge replacement, you may get small gaps between the new blend edge (arc) and the tangent edges of the blend faces (vertex region).

Syntax
(SETQ DOCU::*DOCU-BLEND-REPLACEMENT* t or nil)

Steve
04-22-2003, 05:35 AM
That sounds like the ticket.

So I just type in:

in the command line? Do I have to update the views, or create new views, in order for it to take effect?

Steve

Gary L.
04-22-2003, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Steve
That sounds like the ticket.

So I just type in:

in the command line? Do I have to update the views, or create new views, in order for it to take effect?

Steve

Remove the "or nil" and just type into command line or if you want to always set this at startup put it in you am_customize file.

My guess would be that the views would need to be updated.

Gary

Steve
04-22-2003, 11:29 AM
Well, it works fine. However, it seems that the projected radii do not update when the model changes, and thus the dimensions do not update, as they are stuck to the "fake" geometry.

Steve