PDA

View Full Version : desktop w/ wm 11.6

MikeBoswell
04-07-2003, 12:49 PM
I want to establish a simple procedure where the users can create new 2d drawing, use desktop to manage them.
I would like them to start in the state 'work' and then when the the drawing the user will release to the state 'released'.
I want 'released' to be the only state to choose from in the desktop pulldown.
I have been reading through the manuals and triing differents arrangements in the ACL's for the group and states. (dt_doc_elem_acl)
The information in the manual is so superficial that I cant seem to figure things out.

ANY help would be greately appriciated!

Mike
mboswell@vicr.com
:confused:

ChrisE
04-07-2003, 02:36 PM
a)
How to start in state "work"

The attribute "STATE" in your document class has to be related to a dictionary like e.g. DL_DT_STATE (or similar).
This dictionary should have a default entry named "work". All elements will be in state "work" upon creation.

b)
Check the entries in the class "DT_STATEFLOW"
Besides getting rid of some entries in here, you will also have to overwork the DT_DOC_ELEM_ACL

All this is done automatically in the installation file "install/schema/dt_std/schema.m"

Simply call the macro with the stateflow schema you need, and all will be set for you (after having loaded that file).

CAUTION:
This file has not been supplied (by mistake) with WM 11.61.
Unfortunately, I don't have it at hand at the moment.
I'll post it tomorrow during the day. And tell you what macro to call ... :D

ChrisE
04-10-2003, 02:11 AM
Some sample state flow schemas are provided in the file
install\schema\dt_std\dt_states.m
(They are also described somewhere. Let me find it :D)

By accident :confused:, this file didn't make it's way into the distribution of WM 11.61

I have posted one from WM 11.50 here:

MikeBoswell
05-05-2003, 12:29 PM
Chris,

Thanks for the info. I think that I would be most comfortable w/ the dt_stateflow change.

If I added a record to the table like:

dt_doc_elem_class Releasers work released 30 BFAI8YBJ.....

Maybe remove the other 'releasers' records.

Would you expect this to work? What should be used for 'infos'?
Is the 'state_order' correct?

What is the state order refering to?
How would I handle the 'infos'? I worries me. I see it in just about every desktop table.

Thanks for your help so far.

ChrisE
05-05-2003, 08:51 PM
Mike,

if you add such a record to this class using WorkManager, then you don't have to worry about the "INFOS" attribute.

Every element in WM has an entry in two tables: The class table (like e.g. MODEL_3D), where the class specific attributes reside, and the general element table WM_ELEMENTS, where the sytem attributes (like e.g. ELID, STATE) reside.
These two seperate entries are joined by the INFOS attribute.

Hint:
Register the DT_STATEFLOW class in desktop so you can easily add/modify/delete entries in it:
Awmc_ui_register_part_class "DT_STATEFLOW" "" "" ""

What would you expect from your entry:
Members of group "Releasers" are allowed to put every element that follows the "DT_DOC_ELEM_ACL" rules to be placed from state "work" into state "released" (if the ACL allows for it!!!)

The state order simply sorts similar TO_STATE entries of the same FROM_STATE (inside the picklist of possible states)

If you want "work->released" to be the only possible TO_STATE option for state "work", then you need to get rid of the other corresponding entries.

MikeBoswell
05-06-2003, 11:34 AM
ChrisE,

You have been EXTREMELY helpful!

I have added the line to the dt_stateflow and it works just as you suggested.

At this time I do want a 'work->released' senario and will remove the lines that cover 'work->approved' and 'released->approved'

You da man!!!!

:)
:D :cool: