PDA

View Full Version : Combined Annotation / ME10

gmatelich
04-02-2003, 07:45 AM
We are having problems working in a combination drafting environment. We are using OSDM, Annotator, ME10, and WorkManager Desktop on Win2000. We've had several instances of
creating a drawing in Anno
saving it to WM
loading it in ME10 to make a minor addition (adding a sketch that hasn't been imported to Anno yet)
saving back to WM
loading into Anno only to find the link to the model is broken:mad:

It doesn't happen all the time. Any idea if it's something we're doing wrong?
Any way to reattach it once it's broke?

gmatelich
04-02-2003, 08:24 AM
Oh yeah, here's an idea about reattaching: http://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2383

We still would like to know how to prevent the problem in the first place. . .

Jim McKim
04-02-2003, 01:45 PM
I'm surprised you don't have problems everytime. My experience, though not using WM, is that anytime a drawing file is edited in ME10 you get an error trying to open it in Annotation. I traced it down to a single line of text in the mi file that says what system was used to save the file. I have manually cut and pasted that line and restored the file to Annotation status. Not a prevention, but a fix as long as the changes that were made in ME10 are compatible with Annotation, and can be easier than using migration tools. This is with v11.6 OSDM and v10.5 ME10. I have heard rumors that this problem was going to be eliminated in a newer version of ME10.

Gary Brauch
04-03-2003, 06:16 AM
Version 11.6 OSD Drafting now opens Annotation drawings and brings up the Sheet browser automatically.
You can add your notes (or whatever) and save the drawing and it will open correctly in Annotation (no need to import).
Gary.