PDA

View Full Version : WM user and password

Andy
01-07-2002, 10:29 PM
<p>I would like to open a WM client session with no request of user name and password. In fact I would like to use a launch/batch file in which I say who is the user and which is his password. Any time I open WM it proposes the currently logged windows user as default user, and asks for his password.</p> <p>Which command can I use?</p>

Neil
02-07-2002, 04:51 PM
Hi Andy, DMS_LOGIN takes the name and password of the user to login. Below I can pasted a copy from the manuals which should explain the whole process. Thanks. Neil Comments Before logging in to the database server, you must first establish a connection with the DMS_CONNECT function. The DMS_LOGIN function is one of three needed to establish the full logical connection to the database and WorkManager product. DMS_CONNECT Provides a socket connection to the database server. FILE_SERVER Establishes a similar connection to the file server. DMS_LOGIN Tests the login name and password and if good, enables the user to work with the functions. DMS_DISCONNECT Is all that is called to exit from the database.

Steve
05-09-2002, 01:32 AM
LET wmuser 'WMPRINT' LET pswd 'READONLY' LET err (DMS_LOGIN wmuser pswd)