PDA

View Full Version : Improve UI Synergy:

dan_white
10-29-1998, 05:17 AM
1......SYNERGY......All CoCreate applications should have a common look and feel. Workmanager, SolidDesigner, workflow and Me10 seem to have been designed by entirely different companies.............................................................................................Many people argue over whether to use or not use Icons in UI development. I believe that they should be used but only where there meaning can be are intuitively obvious and they should always be accompanied by help balloons (like pesd provides). Example: Me10 uses icons to access construction lines, this is good, real geometry would make the same sense but they are not employed there. Solid Designer does not use them at all (except through the custom Icons which are very nice). Workmanager uses Icons all over the place to describe obscure such functions as change class or edit attribute............................................................................................. Move viewport not consistent with any windows environment...........................................................................................Cut and paste is performed differently in WorkManager and Me10 and SolidDesigner............. ...................................................The method of accessing keyboard buffered entries is different in each module. SolidDesigner and Me10 is PG-up PG-down, up down Workmanager is the up down cursor arrows and annotator does not work at all...................................................................................................Mouse driven zooming has been changed in PESD from push to zoom out, pull to zoom in. this makes sense but Me10 still operates the opposite which is very confusing.