PDA

View Full Version : Underline a text

Jean-Marc
09-19-2002, 05:50 AM
Hi ! I'm looking for a solution to underline a text (ME10 V.8): I click on a line (Point1), on a second point (point2) where the text will be located and a third point to give the direction of the text. After I want to trace a leader_arrow line beneath the text and finishing on the point1. The problem is to find the length of the text. I try to find something with the INQ_ENV or INQ_ELEM syntax but I found nothing. I tried to find the width of a letter: INQ_ENV 9 Width_letter (INQ 4) but it doesn't work. The results are surprising ! Help would be welcome. Thanks Jean-Marc, France

Walter Geppert
09-19-2002, 07:29 PM
This is the way i did it: INIT_SUBPART 'XXX' TEXT Mytext P1 INQ_ENV 7 LET Textlenght (ABS((X_OF (INQ 101))-(X_OF (INQ 102)))) END_PART SMASH_SUBPART 'XXX' Hope this helps. Greetings from Vienna, Walter

Darren
09-22-2002, 09:31 PM
There are several ways of doing this but the most elegant way is to add a "_" in the font definition. That way all your texts are linked to the underlining! Of course, you may have problems with anyone who doesn't have your fonts - but that's another story. (They could use FONT_CHECK.)