PDA

View Full Version : Element Infos

Andreas Stulz
02-13-2000, 07:04 PM
I need a macro that shows the structure of a element. I need Infos about the entity of an element. E.g. a line must have the entity '_line' The macro should show that.

John Bruce
02-21-2000, 09:58 AM
Andreas<p>What things do you want to know about an entity? An entity such as a dimension can have upwards of 25 different attributes.<p>So that you can have an idea of what attribute information is available about each type of entity take a look at the help entry for INQ_ELEM. (type in HELP INQ_ELEM on the input line)<p>Try this:<p>type ENQ_ELEM then pick something on the screen.<p>Now type DISPLAY (inq 403) then press enter. You should now see the element type displayed on the prompt line. (line if you picked a line, text if you picked text.....)Attribute 403 is the element type.<p>It is possible to create a macro to tell you all of the attributes of any element you pick, but it would be much easier to only include those you have interest in.<p>Hope this helps. Drop me a note if you have questions.<p>John Bruce

John Bruce
02-22-2000, 09:37 AM
Please note the line in my message above that says:<p>type ENQ_ELEM then pick something on the screen.<p>Should read:<p> type INQ_ELEM then pick something on the screen.<p>caused by a brain cloud - which is not to be confused with a brain storm