PDA

View Full Version : Macro to divide by 2

Ray Dauphinais
12-29-1999, 03:29 AM
Using construction lines, I would like to pick parallel, and then another button to divide the value I am about to input x 2. That way when I want to draw something, and know the diameter, I don't have to go thru any mental gymnastics to figure out the radius. I would like this to be a button on the construction line menu. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help

Frank
12-29-1999, 04:36 PM
DEFINE Test LOCAL Diam LOCAL Radi READ 'Please input Diameter' Diam LET Radi (Diam/2) C_LINE PARALLEL Radi END_DEFINE

Don
12-30-1999, 02:12 AM
I am sending you a copy of my construction menu that includes a macro I call twin_parallel that I think will help with your problem. You enter a distance (diameter), select a line or construction line, and pick a point on either side of the line. The macro will create two construction lines parallel and centered about the original. The distance between them will be the distance you entered. You can continue selecting lines or enter a new distance. I will provide this to anyone who would like to use it. Just send me an email requesting it.

Andree Dittrich
04-05-2000, 09:08 PM
Try this, but it's in German. http://home.t-online.de/home/0415182337-0001/tm11.zip