PDA

View Full Version : SD "EDIT_MACRO" or "SAVE_MACRO"

James R. Osborn
08-08-1998, 03:53 PM
I would like to get more into programming LISP macros in SD. I found the easiest way to get into macro programming in ME10 was to use EDIT_MACRO and click on buttons in ME10. I could modify the found macro on the fly in the ME10 editor, or once I knew the name, I could use SAVE_MACRO to write the identified macro to a text file, modify that, and then reload. How do you do these things in SD? Is the only option to start with files, modify those, and then load them? -- James

Jack Dannenberg
08-13-1998, 01:56 AM
Hi James, As you have found there is no type of EDIT_MACRO command in SD. But in the personality/goodies/bin700 directory is a file recorder.so. If you LOAD that file (LOAD "recorder.so") you will have a Recorder entry on your toolbox. If you start the recorder and supply a filename the system will record your actions in SD command syntax. Then stop the recorder and edit the file. This isn't as nice as EDIT_MACRO but it gives you a feel for the syntax involved. There is no macro language but there is the Integration kit. There is html-based documentation on the integration kit in the documentation directory. If the integration_kit directory is missing go through the SD install procedure and select it. You do not need a license to use the integration kit. The license that is available is for users who want to compile their routines or put password protection on them. Hope this helps, JackD.