PDA

View Full Version : Plotting defaults

Andy
05-10-2001, 11:26 PM
<p>Hi everyone!</p> <p>We have an HP750 plotter, that we use for plotting on A2, A1 and A0 formats</p> <p>I've installed it three times on some machines, with different documents settings, so when a user needs to plot from annotation in the A1 format just choose "plotter_a1" at the print manager prompt, after the plot command, and he doesn't need to set also, horizontal,...etc</p> <p>The problem is that anytime I try to plot, at the print manager prompt I try to choose the plotter-installation with the format that I need as default (for example the A1-orizontal...), but it seems that the system resets all the settings, to the A4,...<p> <p>Is there anyway to force Annotation to use the specific defaults that I've set, without resetting all the print manager mask??</p> <p>Thanks anyway</p>

karl-josef wernet
05-12-2001, 05:22 AM
I guess you are no Windows-Platform. This is a problem of Windows. Your default-printer is set to A4-format. Every time you change to the print-manager this default-printer is initialized with all the parameters. If have to set the printer as the default you are using mostly. On ME10 there is a good tools meprint to provide the settings. Maybe someone makes it available on Annotation to.

Andy
05-14-2001, 01:33 AM
Actually we work on WinNT platform, but I was wondering if there was any kind of work-around to be used for control the settings of the print manager directly from the Annotation Module. Thanks anyway.

John van Doorn
05-22-2001, 02:16 PM
<p>Hi Andy,</p> <p>There is an 3rd party application available that does exactly what you want, have a look at a previous posting:</p> http://www.cocreateusers.org/scripts/Annotator/reply.idc?ID=85 <p> If you need to have any information on this product you can either email me or info@csi-seattle.com </p>