PDA

View Full Version : tracking reference information

gmatelich
01-14-2003, 09:19 AM
We have a large number of electrical box panels - plates with various hole patterns for connectors. We have just defined a series of templates for the most common hole patterns. When we build a new panel, this allows us to just load the template, and drop it on the drawing with all dimensions attached. This template numer is referenced on the drawing so the machine shop can use their NC template as well. The drawings are stand alone documents so if a template needed to change for some reason it would be nice to know which drawings used that template.

I would like a way to document which templates are used on which drawings in WorkManager. (If we were really cool, we'd also have a reference of which connectors use which templates, but first things first). At this point the best solution I've come up with is the have a text string of template numbers in the part comment field, i.e.
Comment: 10015632-1, 10015632-3, 10015632-15, 10015647-3
I had considered using a BoM for linking the information, but this BOM would then conflict with the manufacturing BOM in our ERP system, which, at best, is confusing.

Has anyone else done something like this? Any ideas?