PDA

View Full Version : NetMeeting

julio
03-19-2003, 01:18 AM
Hi all:
Anybody have experience using Netmeeting with SolidDesigner or 3D Access?. I tryed to use them, but I can not see the viewports...

Thanks in advance,

Julio

John Scheffel
03-19-2003, 08:24 AM
This was also submitted to the mailing list and answered by Claus. So that people not on the mailing list will benefit from the reply, here it is.

NetMeeting doesn't work properly with 3D-accelerated applications. You can try to switch off any hardware acceleration to work around the issue.

This can be done in two ways:
Via the graphics driver; some drivers have special options in their control panels to turn off 3D acceleration.
By setting an environment variable which tells OSDM and/or Access to use software rendering if possible. The environment variable is called SDPIXELFORMAT and must be set to the value "SOFTWARE". Older versions of OSDM checked for an environment variable called "PIXEL_FORMAT".
In some later Email exchanges, Claus indicated that PIXEL_FORMAT will still work with Modeling 11.6, but support may or may not be discontinued in some future release, so people should start using SDPIXELFORMAT.

John Scheffel
07-07-2003, 04:00 PM
Another tip for using NetMeeting with Modeling. Someone reported to me that if Modeling is started first, starting NetMeeting freezes the 3D viewport. If NetMeeting is started first it works OK. I tried this on my PC and saw the same thing. When I started Modeling then NetMeeting, I got a warning message (I assume from Modeling) that the screen resolution had been changed. The 3D viewport was frozen. If I exited NetMeeting it started working again.

I don't recall seeing this behavior in previous versions of SolidDesigner and NetMeeting, but it may it may only occur in later versions.