PDA

View Full Version : Reconnect a drawing to a model

gmatelich
03-10-2003, 01:15 PM
If I created a drawing in Annotator, and saved the .mi file, but didn't save the package file, and OSDm crashed, is it possible to re-attach the drawing to the solid model? I've tried "Att Dwg to Var" and "Att Dwg to Var", but those both require the viewset to exist on the model.

May Kung
03-10-2003, 01:30 PM
You need to recreate the viewset first. I've used Copy Viewset (if there is a similar viewset from another model) or just created a new viewset with dummy views. For example, if the drawing has a Front, Right, and Top view, I'll make a new viewset with those views and put them anywhere on the drawing.

Three of the views on the print will be attached to the model (but not yet updated), while the original three will have all the dims, but not the corresponding 3D views. Using the Detach View command in Migration Tools, I detach the dummy three views, then delete them from the sheet. I then reattach the original views to the new viewset and do some updating and cleanup.

It's a pain to do this if I created section or detail views, but it works well with standard views. I don't know of any other way to take the 2D views and "spawn" a new viewset from that.

John Scheffel
03-10-2003, 01:54 PM
If you don't have the migration tools menu, you can open it with the command.

(docu-enable-migration-tools)

This should add a button to the Main Tasks menu. As May mentioned, it contains several tools for manipulating view attachment.