PDA

View Full Version : Dimensions style

mloli
02-27-2003, 07:52 AM
Hi folks, :mad: after a hot discussion with my Cocreate vendor :mad: , I need to know how to set my dimensions style.
After dimensions settings I need to save it forever.
Now after reloading of annotation I lost my previous settings.
I don't want to re-set every time my dimensions style.
Someone of you know how to do that.

Thank you.

:mad:

fox-myers
02-27-2003, 08:47 AM
Marco,

First you need to save out a new Dimension Standard that defines how you want your dimensions to be formatted. For information on this look in the Java Help files under Annotation -> Dimensioning -> Setting Dimensioning Defaults -> Defining Customized Dimension Standards. This help file also shows how to load the dimension standard when Annotation starts, but beware am_load_dim_table does NOT set your default dim setting to the new standard you created.

Use the AM_DIM_SET_STYLE command to set particular standard as your defualt. You can find the command syntax in the help files.

HTH!

John Scheffel
02-27-2003, 09:00 AM
You might find the am_customize.lsp file I posted in this thread (http://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94) helpful. It contains a lot of commented lines for tweaking the dimension settings.

mloli
02-27-2003, 11:23 PM
Thank for answers to my tread, but I wuold like to know where I must insert all these commands.
I saved my dimensions style in a .dms file.
After that?
I add a line
(AM_DIM_SET_STYLE :dimstyle)
in am_customize file.
The dimstile.dms file must be in the same dir of am_customize file?

Thanks a lot.

John Scheffel
02-28-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by mloli
The dimstile.dms file must be in the same dir of am_customize file?
It looks like you need to add a command to your am_customize file to load your *.dms file, such as:
(am_load_dim_table "dimstile.dms")
To load this file without specifying a path, it probably has to be in one of the defined search directories. You can list these using the command.
display (search-directories)
Another option would be to place it under your user customization directory. You can list this with the command.
(display (format nil "~A" ui::*user-ui-cust-dir*))
If you place the file there, you can load it with the command.
(am_load_dim_table (format nil "~A/dimstile.dms" ui::*user-ui-cust-dir*))

ChrisE
02-28-2003, 03:13 PM
If you are using SDUSERCUSTOMIZEDIR/ SITECUSTOMIZEDIR/ CORPCUSTOMIZEDIR, it should be sufficient to place the dimensions file into a subdirectory named ANNOTATION, and load it from there without specifying a path

Unfortunately, you can't see this directory as part of the OSD search directories.

mloli
03-04-2003, 12:38 AM
Hi folks, my SD vendor solved my problem.
I add these line in my am customize file.

;(AM_TEXT_SETTINGS :color :color 65280 :done) ;TESTO VERDE
;(AM_HATCH_DEFAULT :color :color 16776960 :done) ;TRATTEGGIO GIALLO
;(am_view_tan_edges_ltype :NONE) ;LINEE TANGENTI INVISIBILI
(am_view_hidden_line_color :color 65280 :done) ;LINEE NASCOSTE VERDI
(am_load_dim_table "C:/sd_customize/cisa.dms") ;CARICA FILE CONTENENTE STILE DI QUOTE ALUMAT modificare il path dal cliente
(AM_DIM_SET_STYLE :dim_name "cisa") ;IMPOSTA STILE DI QUOTE DESIDERATO
(am_load_pen_transform_table "C:/sd_customize/Spessori-Plot-Annotation.pen") ;CARICA FILE CON LE TRASFORMAZIONI IMPOSTATE
;(AM_PLOT_TRANSFORM :TRANSF_NAME "Utente1") ;SETTA LA TRASF VOLUTA
;(am_load_plot_table "/users/??????/prove.plt") ;CARICA FILE CON LE DEF. DEI PLOTTAGGI

I attach these line hoping are usefull for other users.
HI

Wolfgang
03-04-2003, 11:21 AM
if you like to have your files in your customize dir it's highly recommended to use the assigned function for those kind of purpose:

have a look the Integration Kit function

(sd-get-customization-file ....)

please do not use the global variable as John showed. Further more you get back an already well formatted string for the complete filename.

John Scheffel
03-04-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Wolfgang
please do not use the global variable as John showed. Further more you get back an already well formatted string for the complete filename.
Could you explain which global variable we should not use and why?

ChrisE
03-10-2003, 12:48 AM
If you use a global variable like e.g. ui::*user-ui-cust-dir*, then the files need to be in that directory.

Using (sd-get-customization-file ....) , you can place them either into the CORP, SITE or USER customize dir.

This allows for placing a standard file into e.g. the SITE customize dir, the user can then overwrite the standard file by placing a modified copy of it into the USER customize dir (without the need for rewriting any startup code)