PDA

View Full Version : Omnibook 6000 freezes when using screensaver

clausb
02-27-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Christian Ernst

Urgs. Christian, it seems I hit the wrong button and edited your posting instead of quoting it. Sorry! I'm not sure how to revert my change, so you might want to edit your post yourself to fix it.

For those of you who haven't seen the original post, let me try to paraphrase what Christian said: He's using OSDM on an Omnibook 6000 running Windows 2000; whenever the screen saver kicks in, he's seeing system freezes.

Again, sorry for this. One shouldn't post in a hurry...

Claus (blushing)

ChrisE
02-27-2003, 04:53 AM
Hi Claus,

well, this seems to be one of the disadvantages of having too many rights: You have to care for yourself in what you are doing :D

Anyway said Hemingway ...

Well, my viewport goes frozen when I lock my computer (C-A-D), then unlock it again. I'm currently not quite sure about OSD freezing up the vport when my default screen saver goes on (blank screen). I'll keep an eye on it ...

Chris

ChrisE
02-27-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by Christian Ernst
Hi Claus,

well, this seems to be one of the disadvantages of having too many rights: You have to care for yourself in what you are doing :D

Anyway said Hemingway ...

Well, my viewport goes frozen when I lock my computer (C-A-D), then unlock it again. I'm currently not quite sure about OSD freezing up the vport when my default screen saver goes on (blank screen). I'll keep an eye on it ...

Chris

Yes, the default screen saver won't do no harm, but as soon as it is password protected, OSD freezes up the vport.

Shouldn't we continue this stuff in a different thread? I think we are quite a bit off now ...

clausb
02-27-2003, 05:46 AM
Christian,

I just used my supernatural admin powers to move some of the postings on the Omnibook problems to this new thread.

8-)

Claus

fox-myers
02-27-2003, 08:19 AM
I'm on an Omnibook 6100 and often lock my laptop over lunchtime while teaching classes. I found that OSDM would often completely freeze when I tried to unlock the system after lunch. Personally, I found a correlation between the freezes and having Java Help running when I locked the system. If I remember to close the Java Help window then lock my laptop, it doesn't have an issue with unlocking later.

Any possiblity that you have Java Help running, Christian?

ChrisE
02-27-2003, 03:21 PM
Nope.

Haven't got anything else running except for a simple file explorer window.

No Java help, or anything similar, at all.

rhankey
04-16-2003, 02:27 PM
This problem was solved with a Display Adapter Driver Update. Another effect of Driver incompatibility is OSD crash during a Hi-Res Screen Dump on a Compaq Evo 800W portable workstation laptop. We have had to update Drivers on new HP pc workstations as well.