I would like to know if it's possible to configure
the COORD-TYPE dimension like :

|
|

with 0 and the values at 90°

Tank you for your help.

May Kung
02-20-2003, 08:16 AM
Just some dimensions or do you want to set it as default?

Angle of dimension text to leader line is set under the Modify Dimensions menu, Modify Text submenu, Common. (see attached JPG).

I normally like using Perpendicular, as it makes the dimension text parallel to the leader line.

mollre
02-21-2003, 05:41 AM
Thank you for your answer,

But i would like to know if it's possible to configure
the start point (the 0 dimension) in auto.

Now, I use the external point and double clic on start point.

fox-myers
02-21-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by mollre
But i would like to know if it's possible to configure
the start point (the 0 dimension) in auto.

If I understand your issue correctly, you would like Annotator to automatically add your datum point for coordinate dimensions as a 0 dimension. If you use the "Global Dim Standard" of ANSI, Annotator will do this for you. But realize that the ANSI standard requires all dimension text to be horizontal by default.

HTH

May Kung
02-21-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by fox-myers
But realize that the ANSI standard requires all dimension text to be horizontal by default.

It is? The 1994 edition I have shows coordinate dims in the X axis with text that is at 90 deg, not 0 deg. Only when they are single dims do they appear horizontal.

Of course, it could be we've been using it incorrectly all this time. :) It wouldn't be the first time we've misinterpreted ANSI standards.

fox-myers
02-21-2003, 10:46 AM
Well, I have to admit that I don't have a copy of the ANSI standard to look at, but the Global Dim Standards in Annotator should match the official standards for ANSI, DIN, ISO, and JIS. The way the standard is implemented in Annotator, all dimensions are horizontal even if you go under general text settings and change the text orientation to perpendicular etc. :eek: