- how can i delete this elements?
- is there a flag or something else
for this state/ mark?

thanks for your help,
bye j.herrmann

lfortner
02-15-2003, 12:30 AM
Hey Joe,

You're probably worried out by some cache information.
The elements you're talking about are identified in you current session cache area and marked as deleted by some former command. Unfortunaly, probably your previous command failed to delete the cached elements or to restore their state. Have you not received some former error message?
Now it's ambigous.
If you leave your current session you'll clear the cache area. And when you will open a new one, you will probably see your elements still existing in your database and with a clear cache state (unambigous).
If you're familar with the WM cache you may identify some in-memory logical table that maintain such info. You may manipulate this info to identify and fix the problem you've encountered with you former command.

I hope this could help you

joe_99_de
02-16-2003, 11:34 PM
Hi Louis,
thank you for your answer. would you please give me some more informations.

I think that there
is some information/flag
that marks the records to be
deleted.

Unfortunatly stopping the whole
workmanger and the database und filemanger doesnt help.
The information is persistent!

>Unfortunaly, probably your previous command failed to delete the cached elements: yes, but the programm is fine, we just changed the machine.
We got such blocked records already earlier caused by
an workmanger internal problem.
Pleas dont woory much abouth this problem, we ´ll get that. the bad thing is the riddle about these blocked records.

>If you leave your current session you'll clear the cache area:
do you mean the cache-id?
Isnt there a table for all open cache-ids?

>And when you will open a new one, you will probably see your elements still existing in your database and with a clear cache state (unambigous).
Where can i see the cache-state?

>If you're familar with the WM cache you may identify some in-memory logical table that maintain such info. Would you please tell me which table
you mean and what you want to manipulate.

Thank you for your help,
so long
Jochen Herrmann

lfortner
02-17-2003, 06:25 AM
Hello Joe,

In your last post you're talking about "blocked records" as opposite to your previous post where you talked about "marked to be deleted". This could be important since:
- I don't really understand how a "marked for deletion" info is persistent in WorkManager. I don't know any field/record in the database where such an info should be stored through stop/start.
- I do know how elements could be locked (blocked) by some other users and how such lock could be persistent against stop/start. It's the WM_ELEMENTS's SFU field that hold the user id. If this is your issue, let's have a look to the thread "SFU and locked elements" in this forum.

Regarding cache, there is a lot of information managed in some internal logical tables and not documented nor supported. The "__DMS_ELEMENTS" logical table maintains a list of logical tables (column 2) holding elements caches. When you read such tables (ex: "__DMS_folders") you'll get the cacheid (column 1) and the operation flag (column 2). The operation flag has never been officially documented. You may get the cache status through the commands DMS_CACHEID_IS_DELETED, DMS_CACHEID_MODE.
Alternatively, from a known cache id, you may retreive the table (DMS_OBJECT_LTAB) and the row (DMS_FIND_CACHEID_ROW) where the cache record is hold in the session.

But once again, as far as I know, this cache information is session dependent, and could not be persistent.

Best regards

joe_99_de
02-17-2003, 08:00 AM
Hello Louis,
I used the expression "blocked records".
because they are blocked to be deleted.
Sorry to confuse you.

Anyhow, they cant be deleted and I get
the (german) message saying:

<elid> couldnt be deletet.
marked to be deleted

So I´ll have a look on these tables,
but I think that they will be clean after
restart.

So long and thanks,
J.herrmann