PDA

View Full Version : Iso 5559-1

hgn98009
02-12-2003, 11:14 PM
Scandinavian characters might be uninteresting for most of you. However you seem to be a very knowledgeable group.
We have been using ME10 in ISO mode on hpux. We made our own font based on ISO 8859-1. It has worked fine for a number of years enabling us to exchange texts with other ISO compliant applications.
In 11.X CoCreate destroyed that by changing the editor so that it maps for example Å(ARING) to character 208 which is the character (ETH) which looks like a D with a dash on the left bar.
As soon as a text is loaded into the editor the characters with numbers above 128 is mapped to the wrong place. We have also learned that this has been the behavior of the PC version all the time. We have been thinking of a number of ways to solve this problem:
1 Is there a flag to set that prevents the conversion?
2 Can we edit the conversion table that ME10 uses?
3 Is there any other way to modify the behavior of the editor?
4 Can we replace the editor with some other editor like jpad?
5 Could it be possible to write a macro that first run the editor and when the text is saved it is reconverted before it is pasted on the drawing?

Sinan
08-04-2003, 08:01 AM
Hi,

this all happens because of the different codepage usage of ME10 windows.

We have implemented a special solution exactly for this reason.
It is external program (editor type , running outside ME10 process ) where you can write any text with local language special characters and by clicking the [OK] button, we make on-the-fly codepage translation into ME10.

It also works if you copy & paste text e.g from MS-Word first into editor and later into ME10.

If you need further information, pls contact www.mip.hu.

Best regards

S.Akyar