PDA

View Full Version : Annotation Macros

Erik Laursen
02-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Is there a macro or a function that will allow multiple sheet drawings created in SD/Annotation 11.60 to update information on all sheets at one time? example: In my revision block on each sheet I have "A1" when I update the drawing to revision "A2" I currently have to edit the text on each sheet, I would like to edit the text on sheet one and have the remaining sheets change automatically).

Any help would be welcomed.

Wolfgang
02-11-2003, 11:15 AM
You should have a look to the text menu and the button "references". -> help

Text references are a way to update texts in a frame (not only there). The sheet number, sheet's scale is handled by text references.. look into the documentation and learn a little bit about.

The texts references existing in the "out-of-the-box" product do not handle an existing text in the drawing as the 'MASTER' text.. But this might be possible by defining your own text references and a small lisp function.. but one step after the other..

Have also a look to the advanced customization pages of Annotation.

Did you get no answer from support?

Erik Laursen
02-12-2003, 01:39 PM
I found the following information about text references, my question is where is the 'my-value-update-function location? Where am I allowed to modify text or select from a table various values for my tr group?

The following is an example of a text reference registration:

(docu-register-tr-group "My_group_name" "GLOBAL")

(docu-register-tr-type "My_group_name" "MY_TYPE" "???" 'my-value-update-function)

The first function above creates a text reference group named "My_group_name" that has a global update scope. The second function creates a text reference type named "MY_TYPE" in the text reference group "My_group_name". The current (initial) value is "???", and updated values are supplied by "my-value-update-function".

Wolfgang
02-12-2003, 02:25 PM
So far... looks fine.

Now you have to define a lisp - function which returns a string.. This will be the my-value-update-function.

When ever the "update sheet event" comes.. (e.g. the sheet numbers are changed) the 'global' text reference group is 'worked over' and all the texts in the drawing will get THEIR new contents.

In your case it might be possible to look for a text on the *first* sheet to get the new value and copy that value to all the texts assigned THAT reference.. Well the functions has to return that value. The rest is done by the text reference functionlaity. This is a little bit a special, since you do not need any additional UI to do the changes (to 'start') the changes.. hmmm <thinking> but 'edit text' does, of course not 'fire' that event..

Start with a tiny UI to handle your 'master data', I assume it's easier right now.

HTH

Erik Laursen
02-12-2003, 02:40 PM
How do start a "Tiny UI" to handle my 'master data' or how do I create a LISP function to do this?

Wolfgang
02-12-2003, 02:59 PM
uiihhhh....

I fear / I think this forum is not the place to start LISP course (for beginners). Without some lisp skills (how to define a function etc.) it will be more than difficult to customize your OSD in detail and to write Add-ons to adjust it very close to your needs.

May be someone can post some good URL(s) for those kind of (online) manuals.. I don't have one. Or a tip for a book.

Hope you are not tooooo :( disappointed now.