PDA

View Full Version : unintentional 3d deletions

Jim McKim
01-08-2003, 02:02 PM
One of my users swears that he has had 3D objects unintentionally deleted upon hitting the Delete 3D button but not yet having selected an object to delete. I told him to make sure the object is not preselected prior to hitting Delete 3D. He says that since then he has been careful to not preselect an object or even have anything visible in the viewport, but it still happens occasionally. Undo 3D brings the object back.
I tested highlighting things in the structure browser prior to hitting Delete 3D, but could not create the problem unless I first hit Apply in the browser right mouse button pop-up menu, which has the same effect as preselecting the object from the viewport. I don't think he is doing that. Any other way the object could be accidently pre-selected?

Markus
01-08-2003, 09:57 PM
A double-click in the browser also preselects an object. Another way is to pick a part vertex to preselect the part.
Good news is that the accidential deletion of a preselected object via the Delete 3D button is fixed in OSDM 12.0. In that version a preselected object can only be deleted by an explicit button pick to the Delete 3D button in the specific preselection context menu. The general Delete 3D button does no longer accept preselected objects.

Markus

Jim McKim
01-09-2003, 01:00 PM
Thanks, Markus. We knew that we could pick a vertex to preselect the part, but didn't realize that double clicking on it in the browser has the same effect. That is probably the cause.