PDA

View Full Version : Not modifiable, non-manifold

gmatelich
12-27-2002, 06:34 AM
I am trying to repair a model. When I loaded the assy, I got notice that this part had small edges. I tried to run Check Part on it, but I got an error that says "Wdiget.1 is not modifiable". I click OK, then the display box pops up saying "Note: Non-modifiable part(s) selected. For those parts automatic repair and label feedback is not supported. Please make part modifiable, if you want to use these features."
I whittled on the part a while, and no longer get the notice about small edges, but it still won't let me check the part. How do I find the non-manifold if it won't give me any labels to find the problem?

gmatelich
12-27-2002, 06:37 AM
It turns out it was because the parent assy was still reserved. I unreserved it, and the check went fine.

Kind of wierd . . .

clausb
12-27-2002, 06:47 AM
In fact, while the messages are somewhat cryptic, the behavior is not THAT weird. The part checker optionally tries to repair the part, but only if it is allowed to modify the part, i.e. if the part is not read-only. Also, attaching labels may require write access to the parent assembly in some cases, which probably is the reason why you ran into the error message in your case.

Claus

gmatelich
12-27-2002, 07:27 AM
it seems since v11.5 or possibly 11, there have been several occasions where the parent assembly must be reserved to modifiy a part, though the modifications have nothing to do with assembly type information.