PDA

View Full Version : Annotation to ME10, III - Cutaway Border

gmatelich
12-24-2002, 09:54 AM
I made a cutaway view in Annotator, and have the border turned off, but when I load the drawing in ME10 it shows the border, which I then have to delete.
:confused:

Gary Brauch
12-26-2002, 05:36 AM
Greg,
If have tested this using versions 11.60 OSDM and OSDD and this is not a problem.
OSDD knows when you load an Annotation drawing and treats it as such.
What version of OSDD are you using?
Gary.

gmatelich
12-26-2002, 08:54 AM
I was back at v11; I just upgraded to the latest 11.6a. It still doesn't load right. The only way to get the drawing to show correct it is to turn on the Annotator module, and click the Show as Annotation checkbox. Even when I set ME10 to start w/ Annotation module on, and the Show as Annotation checkbox checked, after loading a drawing, I need to uncheck, then recheck the box.

Gary Brauch
12-26-2002, 10:06 AM
Greg,
Did you save this drawing out of version 11.0 Drafting using the standard save command?
The reason I ask is that I just opened up a multi-sheet bundle and an mi file in the classic UI and they opened fine and the Sheet Browser came up on load.
If you did save this, create a new multi-sheet drawing in Annotation and try opening it.
If you continue to have problems with this, I would like to see the drawing.
Later,
Gary.

hgn98009
06-18-2003, 11:36 PM
I use 11.60C and have the same experience as Greg. However my problem is really an expansion of this. I put in three lines of code as follows:

Warn_off
Show_as_annotation_macro
Warn_prev

(Which is what ME10 does when you click your way through the menus) This works beautifully on the screen but when I plot, lo and behold, the lines are back.:rolleyes:

I use ME10 to generate pdfs from both ME10 and Annotator on a server and the designers aren't very happy :mad: that the consumers files doesn't look like they did on the screen.

Any suggestions?

Hans-Göran

John Scheffel
06-19-2003, 08:12 AM
Have you tried setting the plot mode to Viewport? This should print only what you see in the viewport.

hgn98009
07-13-2003, 11:33 PM
Hi, now i'm back visiting the office a day on the summer vacation. I tried setting the plot mode to viewport with no success. The cutaway lines is still showing where they shouldn't. I think CoCreate made a big mistake here.

Hans-Göran