PDA

View Full Version : color gradient background

Alexander
12-18-2002, 10:50 PM
How can I configure OSDM so that when I startup my background is two color gradient?

clausb
12-19-2002, 08:46 AM
One simple way to do this is to add the following to the pesd_customize file:

(vp_background "vport1" :type :GRADIENT)

Alternatively, you can use the environment variable SDDEFAULTVPBGCOLOR and set it to a list of color values, such as this:

(0,0,255 255,0,0)

To set a global environment variable in the system, use the System Control Panel; use SDDEFAULTVPBGCOLOR as the name of the new variable and something like the above as its value.

John Scheffel
12-19-2002, 11:59 AM
This seems like one of those UI settings that should be saved when you exit and restart Modeling, but I just tried it and it is not saved. This might be a candidate for an Enhancement Request.

In the past we have asked CoCreate to make saving of enviroment settings more consistent. With all versions up to and including 11.6, you never know which settings it will save and which settings it won't save until you try it. Maybe in version 12 they will finally have Modeling remember all your UI settings so we don't have to do all this tinkering with startup files.

Markus
12-19-2002, 10:38 PM
Hello John,

yes, I can confirm that 12.0 will have major improvements in respect to saving settings and environment. Please be patient ;) !

Markus