PDA

View Full Version : Where is "Change radius" command in Drafting

wjh
12-11-2002, 03:43 PM
Hello: I am new OneSpace drafting user.
It is easy to draw a circle in drafing. But I want to modify the radius of some circle. I can't find "Change radius" command in standard toolbar. Can someone tell me where is this command?
Thanks.

John Scheffel
12-12-2002, 10:07 AM
When I first read your note I thought surely there is a button or command to do this. After some searching I wasn't able to find one. This seems to be a real oversight. I discovered that we have an internally developed macro to do this (from 1987 no less). I don't know who to credit for it since I don't know who fsg is, but here it is.

DEFINE Modify_radius
{macro to modify the radius of an existing arc. There is}
{probably a better way to do this fsg 3/87}
LOCAL New_radius
LOCAL Element1
LOCAL Center1
LOCAL Old_radius
READ 'Select circular element to change' Element1
{make sure this element is in your current part}
EDIT_PART Element1
INQ_ELEM Element1
LET Center1 (INQ 101)
LET Old_radius (INQ 3)
IF ((INQ 403=
CIRCLE) OR (INQ 403=
ARC))
READ NUMBER PNT PROMPT
('Enter new radius or select point on new radius (Old radius='
+STR Old_radius+')') New_radius
IF (TYPE New_radius=PNT)
MEASURE_DISTANCE New_radius Center1
LET New_radius (INQ 3)
END_IF
MODIFY Element1 SCALE Center1 (New_radius/Old_radius)
END
ELSE
BEEP
END_IF
END_DEFINE

pcushion
01-31-2003, 06:37 AM
Hi.

I've attached a macro that I wrote that chnages the diameter of
a selected circle.

It's a little raw, but it works.

Let me know what you think.

Paul.

:)

brm
02-26-2003, 12:38 PM
I have used the macro for change the radius and I have modified it for change the diameter
and I have noticed that often the value of the diameter or the radius has many decimal always for example
15.0000000002 or 14.99999999 with 15 decimal. This depends on the scale factor.
How could resolve this drawback?
My ME10 version is 10.50.
Thank you.

John Scheffel
02-27-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by brm
I have used the macro for change the radius and I have modified it for change the diameter and I have noticed that often the value of the diameter or the radius has many decimal always for example 15.0000000002 or 14.99999999 with 15 decimal. This depends on the scale factor. How could resolve this drawback?
I don't think this is unique to changing a radius or diameter. If you measure items in ME10 you will find that many of them are like this. It usually isn't an issue since the number will be rounded to 15 with the specified number of decimal places whenever you dimension the diameter or radius.

brm
02-28-2003, 11:18 PM
If i have two circles overlapped in two different parts and i change the radius in the active part, this macro, often active other part.Why?
Thank you.

bfisher
03-03-2003, 07:26 AM
In response to your last post about overlapping circles, you are probably not zoomed in close enough for the system to make a clear choice as to which circle you have selected. This behavior can be somewhat modified by adjusting the catch range. Hope this helps,

Bruce

John Scheffel
03-03-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by brm
If i have two circles overlapped in two different parts and i change the radius in the active part, this macro, often active other part.Why?
This macro will make the part containing the element you select active (that's what the EDIT_PART line does). As bfisher mentioned it could just be a catch issue. However, if you have two identical curves in two different parts it can be very difficult to select the one you want. This is a pretty unusual situation, but you might try using Part/Hide to hide the part you don't want to select.