PDA

View Full Version : Update performance

Michael Kahle
11-25-2002, 01:02 AM
We are looking for Annotation drawings (bdl-files), that you think, they need some amount of time for update in version 11.50 or higher (about 10 minutes/view).
The bundle file should contain the complete drawing, if possible with annotations. Would be fine, if the model and the drawing will differ in modeling version, so the bundle should be in the state before updating.

Fell free to send them to me and we will take a look on them.

rr79
11-26-2002, 10:35 AM
I have a bundle that i've been working with for the past week. It takes forever to update. And it causes various error swhen updating. I seen my session corrupt itself trying to update views/ I've seen my OSD seddion dissappear due to updates. But sometime osdm will lose conneci and you part owner tha reutrn and error during updatingo

clausb
11-26-2002, 01:22 PM
Sounds like an interesting example model. Which version of OSDM are you using currently?

Claus

rr79
11-26-2002, 03:26 PM
hello,

Let me apologize for the horrible grammar in my last post.

The file is approximatly 1400 parts. I've set all the parts to pressfit. I've toggled between version 11.6 and 11.5. I don't have enough time to troubleshoot the errors as I am facing a dead line.

The orginal file was a catia model. I've imported the model into OSDM and ran a check part. The part checker return fine. There are no corruption or errors.

I'm running a dual 2.2 xeon processor with 2 gigs of ram. A wildcat III 6110 video card. When I update my parts I send them to the dispatcher running locally so i can take a advantage of my dual processor. This enables me to interact with Annotation while an update is running. But I'm facing a lot of horror stories. When I get a chance to analyse it better, I'll send you a report.