PDA

View Full Version : clashing parts

rr79
11-22-2002, 01:23 PM
Hello,

I've seen annotations create various error when you try to create a view which contain parts that clash. Does anyone have any ideas how to prevent this other than create a model without clashing.

Here's my problem, I've a got a model created in Catia with 1443 parts, almost all of them clash. I don't want to spend the next week working on the model when all I need are some drawings of it. The only problem is, I don't think I can trust any of the drawings of the assy becuase there are clashing parts.

Any ideas??

rr79
11-22-2002, 02:28 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know, that I figured it out. I don't have to remove the clash becuase I can just define the parts as pressfit in REV 11.6 and give them all a high priority setting.

:D :D

clausb
11-24-2002, 01:48 AM
Glad this works for you! Just wanted to add that marking parts as "pressfits" (which, as far as I can tell, is quite a unique feature) will slow down 2D view updates somewhat. The more parts you mark, the slower the update, and so it usually pays to carefully select the parts in question rather than marking everything.

Of course, when you have a model such as rr79's, then selecting everything or almost everything can be the most efficient solution. BTW, setting all parts to "high priority" means that you will see lines from both parts in the 2D drawing where two parts overlap.

Claus