My config : NT4 SP6
Virtual Memory 2048Mo (in use 100Mo)
Free space on c:\temp\ 901 Mo

Any Idea

Regards

Gary Brauch
11-21-2002, 05:16 AM
Yannick,
I would start by cleaning out the c:/temp folder when you first start the machine.
Start nothing but OSD Modeling to assure that you have as much memory as possible.
Third, if you didn't create the package, find out from who did what version it was made in. It might be from a newer version than you are running.
This is a pretty standard answer that fixes 99% of these.
If you do all of the above and still fail, please contact support.
Regards,
Gary.

clausb
11-21-2002, 07:40 AM
Try the following:

Open the console window (View/Console). Now load the file. Look for error messages in the console. If there are any, post them here so that we can try to make sense out of them.
Check your memory configuration. You might have used the memory-limit command to artifically limit the amount of memory which can be used by OSDM. To verify this, enter the command (uic-show-memory-usage) in the command line and post the output here.
The package file might be corrupt. Try loading the file on another PC.

Hope this helps,

Claus

Yannick Rouat
11-21-2002, 08:55 AM
No message in the console

Memory Used: 52.5 MB
Memory Available: 1447.5 MB
Memory Limit: 1500 MB

clausb
11-21-2002, 10:36 AM
OK, the memory settings look fine.

Some more tests: Copy the package file and the executables uncompress.exe and cpio.exe from OSDM's "binNT" subdirectory into one directory. Then open a DOS shell window, go to the test directory using "cd", and enter the following:

.\uncompress.exe <foo.pkg >foo.cpio
.\cpio.exe -i <foo.cpio

It would be interesting to see whether this triggers any error messages or warnings.

Yannick Rouat
11-21-2002, 11:46 AM
thank by advance for your help

the result :

E:\>uncompress.exe <moule.pkg >foo.cpio

E:\>cpio.exe -i <foo.cpio

unexpected EOF

E:\>

clausb
11-21-2002, 11:26 PM
unexpected EOF

Looks like the package file is corrupt and incomplete. I'll contact you via private email so that you can send me the file (if you want to), and I'll double-check.

Claus

Teh Tiack Ein
03-17-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by clausb
Looks like the package file is corrupt and incomplete. I'll contact you via private email so that you can send me the file (if you want to), and I'll double-check.

Claus

Hi Claus,

My package file from user is around 7MB. I have the same error as Yannick Rouat had before.
http://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=377

I have troubleshooted thru 3 different ways:
1) Open the package thru OSDM highest version 11.60. Output: Same error.
2) Set the maximum of 2 GB of virtual memory. Output: Same error.
3) check the (memory-limit :data 500) command. No output.
4) Check it thru:
C:\temp>.\uncompress.exe <work.pkg>work.cpio
C:\temp>.\cpio.exe -i <work.cpio
unexpected EOF

I still do not able to resolve the problem. Do you have any standard solution on this? Thanks!

clausb
03-17-2003, 11:24 PM
The package file is corrupted (probably truncated). There is no perfect solution for this; most likely you will lose some data.

Usually, cpio will have unpacked a few components in the package file before giving up. Those are usually named "0", "1", and so on. You can try to load those files individually (as *.sd files) and see whether you can salvage some model data from them.

Let me know if this works for you. Good luck!

Claus

engrrk
01-10-2008, 04:52 AM
Dear Friends

i am receiving the same error

"The program could not unpack the file "machine_a.pkg". Either this file does not contain a saved package file, you do not have sufficient virtual memory, or no space is left in the directory "C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/". (Error 398)"

When i check the error mssage on console it is

"stdin : not in compressed format"

I am opening this file in version 12 of OSD
File size is 67 MB
WINXP
2GB RAM
1.5 GB HDD free in C drive.

What could be the possible reasons for this error??

clausb
01-10-2008, 05:14 AM
The first thing to check is which version of OneSpace Modeling was used to store the package file which you're trying to load into OSM v12.

Claus

engrrk
01-10-2008, 05:16 AM
File was made in version 15 of OSD.
This could be the reason?

clausb
01-10-2008, 05:59 AM
Yes. If you want to store a v15 model so that v12 can use it, you must explicitly store it in an older format.

Claus