PDA

View Full Version : Perspetive

Alexander
11-14-2002, 02:32 AM
Is it possible to get a perspective view in Annotator?

clausb
11-14-2002, 07:34 AM
If by "perspective" you mean "isometric" or "from an angle other than front/back/side/etc", then the answer is yes. If you really mean "perspective views" where objects in the background appear smaller than in the foreground: No, there is no such functionality.

Claus

stefano_ME30
11-29-2002, 02:38 PM
Hi Claus

do u think it will be this possibility in the close future?

stefano

clausb
11-30-2002, 01:50 AM
Stefano,

there are currently no explicit plans for such a feature, AFAIK.

For which purposes do you need perspective views in drawings? (I assume it is for presentation purposes since you cannot really measure properly in perspective views anyway, so it can't be for standards-conforming documentation.)

Claus

stefano_ME30
11-30-2002, 12:04 PM
hi Claus
Im an older manual drawer, making papers also for presentation.
I attached one example for it.
Now when I moved on old ME30 it was great to hae perspective feature.
Now in OSD it die and it is a great loss in my opinion.
Believe me, rendering is great for to have presentation, but a true perspective vectorial view is really a great thing on tecnical presentation.

I will send you one example of what I say.

Many thx for your reply

Stefano

Jim McKim
12-02-2002, 10:31 AM
Claus:
We, also, would like a perspective view function for line drawings, as we need to incorporate them into user and service manuals that we have to create. We used this feature in ME30/ME10. The line drawings just don't look right in non-perspective, and shaded images aren't appropriate for these needs. No combination of SHOW settings in 3D give the necessary results because there are no lines to represent the sides of cylinders.

stefano_ME30
12-26-2002, 09:56 AM
this is one made by old ME30 and it is what I can't do now by SD.

:(

stefano

stefano_ME30
12-26-2002, 09:58 AM
this is

stefano