PDA

View Full Version : How to attach a file to thread?

marcvonams
11-13-2002, 03:36 AM
I'm trying to attach an image or a file to a thread. While composing my post I see the file path, which I have been making from my desktop. I have image ON in my profile. What am I missing,:confused: if I only had a brain!

John Scheffel
11-13-2002, 03:24 PM
When you try to attach a file, what happens? Do you get any messages? There are limitations on the file type and size that can be attached (listed in the Attach file: area of the posting form), but usually if your file does not meet the requirements you get a message.

You also shouldn't use Preview Reply after you select the file to attach, otherwise the Attach file field is blanked and you have to select it again.

Try attaching some files to the testing forum and see what happens.

This topic really belongs in the "Web Site and Forum Info" area. I will move it there later.

marcvonams
11-14-2002, 03:10 AM
I tried to post and used the preview in both the test forum and the OSD forum. Neither issued an error message, but yes the file path area on the form got blanked out. I will try this thread to attach again without the preview, apologies for the incorrect location. Unfortunately this forum is the point of use, and since I wsa having the difficulty here and in the test forum, I felt here was appropriate seeing it may be a bug.

Marc

marcvonams
11-14-2002, 03:12 AM
Not previewing was the key to attaching a file. See above thread