CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > Modules
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 02:43 AM

Sheet Metal : how to do that ?

Hi
I have to do both parts of this screenschot
I successed to do them but i hope it could be easier !
I made the first part by unfolding it and milling it at 45° then i used the align command and orth side to do the second part

Are there easier way mainly to do the first part and maybe to do both part in one operation ?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	raccord45.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	950  
Old 12-04-2007, 06:10 PM

Re: Sheet Metal : how to do that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seb360 View Post
Hi
I have to do both parts of this screenschot
I successed to do them but i hope it could be easier !
I made the first part by unfolding it and milling it at 45° then i used the align command and orth side to do the second part

Are there easier way mainly to do the first part and maybe to do both part in one operation ?

Thanks
Hi seb, not quite sure if what I'm about to detail is what you are after but here goes.

The way we do that type of operation here (and we do mitred sheetmetal comonents daily) is to create the profile as a default length (say 500) and copy the compnent. we then rotate the second component and use the position dynamic to align the necssary faces.

We place a workplane on one face and project the geometry and draw in the line that defines the mitre.
then create a bounding box and punch the profile to create the first mitre (keeping the work plane), re draw the bounding box to now create the mitre on the second part and again use the punch command to remove the required material.
We then ortho the 2 parts and move the perpendicular faces to create a half part. Then all there is left to do is mirror the mitred end to create the completed frame.

Works very well for us but our profiles aren't always symmetrical.(most have over 10 folds on them)

I can post some screenshots detailing it if you need them.