CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > Solid Designer

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-1999, 11:39 AM
Scott Grumbles

SIGNAL RECEIVED: Segmentation Violation

Started getting this error just last week. It has happened in multiple drawing files and once even locked up SD. I can usually hit fit or redraw and then can work for awhile before it comes back. Using SD6.0 on an NT. Never had problem in first 6 months of use! What gives here? Is it a model problem?
Old 02-09-1999, 03:49 AM
Claus Brod

re: SIGNAL RECEIVED: Segmentation Violation

Scott,

which operations typically cause the segmentation violation message? Does the crash happen while spinning the model, or do you get those errors during modelling operations? Is there a reproducible sequence of some kind?

Claus

Old 02-16-1999, 11:50 AM
Scott Grumbles

Claus, Most often just as I begin to rotate or reposition the model I get the error. A redraw most times will clear the error, but on two occassions it has caused me to shutdown SD.
Old 02-25-1999, 01:27 AM
Lincoln Ross

I have this problem often, maybe once every day or two. Have never discerned a pattern to it. End up having to reboot most of the time, because even if the system seems to be working there will be changes in some of the menus. For instance, instead of having a bar with 3 or 4 options (like: to part, to faces, to point, to plane) on a machining operation, you get the 4 items repeated and you can't actually pick any of them and get a change. So far we just live with it and reboot as required.
Old 03-02-1999, 12:02 PM
jaedo Nam

Already I had experienced that problems, I thought that you'd better add the memory and swap space and change the powerful graphics card..... I think, it was not occured the small parts, when I handle the big assembly, sometimes I can see it. thanks...
Old 03-08-1999, 11:47 AM
Dave Halseth

We've had this problem too. I'm running SD 6.10a on NT and I have 384MB RAM and appropriately sized swap file. One suggestion that was made to me is that NT is still a little buggy when dealing with multiple windows (I think this might be more of an NT problem than a CoCreate problem). Our segmentation violations usually happen when we transfer a layout to ME10, I now transfer to ME10 with only one window showing in SD.
Old 04-13-1999, 04:05 AM
Scott Gosnell

CoCreate has 'fixes' for both issues. contact your support rep. the expanding menu is the easier of the 2 problems to fix. good luck it just involves a patch and a line in pesd customize. The seg. violation requires a change to the mwm file. If you e-mail me I will forward what I have.
Old 08-05-2000, 06:42 PM
Megan

We starting running into segmentation violation and save_package/signal/sigsegv errors recently on our new workstations. They are HP Visualize X-Class 733 running on 1GB RAM and FX4 graphic cards (driver version …00.25). We are using SD version 6.1D; NT service pack 5, graphic display is set to “True color” and resolution at 1280x1024. The situation is really frustrating for the users; do you have any permanent fixes to these problems? We’ll have to live with SD6.1 for a while before migrating to SD7.2 sometime later. The local CoCreate rep. was unable to offer any solution and I hope it is not too late to request for the patch and instruction to modify pesd customize after such a long lapse. Regards, Megan