CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > ME10
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2000, 08:32 PM
Andy Brown

Copy ME10 data files from HP-UX to NT

How do I copy ME10 data files from a HP-UX system to an NT system ? Both machines have DAT drives, so it should be possible, but how ??
Old 05-07-2000, 06:21 PM
Walter Geppert

re: Copy ME10 data files from HP-UX to NT

Although both systems use the same hardware, the file systems on the tape are different. The only way i know is to connect a Windows PC (or notebook) to the UNIX network. On the UNIX side you would to have install SAMBA, which is shareware and emulates a Windows network client. After declaring a certain UNIX-directory accessible for SAMBA, you may use it from the PC side. Our local dealer arranged this for us, since the settings are a bit complicated.
Old 05-07-2000, 10:18 PM
Andree Dittrich

try ftp with binary mode
Old 05-08-2000, 05:58 PM
Robert Aronson

You could use a program called "WinTar-scsi" from www.spiralcomm.com to read a unix-tape on NT. Works greate! -Robert.
Old 05-28-2000, 01:08 AM
Ron Sterk

You can use the pax command in NT to read tar tapes. The best way we usually use is connecting both machines over the network. Make sure they are in the same IP range. You can download an ftp program called Ws_ftp from the internet. If you install this you have an browser on nt where you can move files. Be sure to check the data files on unix, you can not move files with special characters in the file name like a round sign and spaces.
Old 07-14-2000, 02:12 AM
Lynn

There is a utility called datman that runs on windows that controls a DAT tape. It will read - but won't write a TAR tape. They have a free version (2GB) and two not-free versions for 4GB and 8GB. you can find them at http://www.datman.com/.