PDA

View Full Version : Have question in 2 New command in SD2000+

Jung
10-23-2000, 07:55 PM
I try to study new interface of SD2000+. I don't know the following command. I also don't find the documentation to describe it. 1.In View menu,there is "Console" command. When I issue this command,One windows appear,what is the purpose of this window? 2.In Tools menu,UI setting,There is "button trigger" radio button(on push and on release). What is the difference in these two button?. Where is the Document to describe the above command? Thanks.

Claus Brod
10-23-2000, 08:30 PM
Hi,<p> as you have observed, the View/Console option opens a shell window. This shell window is sometimes used to display logging and debug messages. You will need it only very rarely, such as when doing your own LISP programming, which is why it is off by default.<p> Button trigger modes: By default, to trigger a button's action, you need to move the mouse cursor over it, click the left mouse button and release it. By switching the button trigger mode to "on push", the button will execute its function directly after pushing the left mouse button. This is a useful acceleration feature for power users who operate the SD UI very quickly.<p> Claus

John Scheffel
11-03-2000, 04:15 AM
The Console command can be useful for displaying info, warning, and error messages that the SD process sends to the console. It is mainly for debugging purposes. Button trigger determines whether mouse click on a button activates when you press the mouse button, or when you release it. The default is release, which is the Motif standard and how pas versions of SD worked. To see the difference, click and hold on a button, then move the cursor off the button and release. With on push the action will occur. With on release, the button action will not occur. YOu can find some new feature info by clicking Help, On Product. The Tips that pop up when you start SD also decribe some of the new features. If you want to view all the tips, open the file. SolidDesigner 8.x.x.xpersonalitysd_customize ips.txt

John
11-15-2000, 05:35 PM
I can reply your 2nd question. Button Trigger is the function causes the result that if you click the command button,the menu will appear immediately or not. **To select "On push" will appear menu immediately when you click any command button. **To select "On release" will appear menu after you release the clicking button.

Frank
11-26-2000, 10:55 PM
Use caution when using the "On Push" selection. I reported a bug that when this is selected SD stalls. For example: When creating views in the annotator using the "OK" button in the "Create Drawing" menu it will stall until you hit the windows start bar. (one way to free it up) There is also short stalls that free up in a few seconds. Frank